Wayne Schmidt's Favorite DS9 Episodes: This is a list of the Star Trek Deep Space Nine episodes that I think are the best. I'd like to hear what yours are so let me know.
(Click here to browse 70 topics on my main site ranging from exotic kaleidoscope designs to the strange world of lucid dreaming or click on DS9 to return to the Deep Space Nine main page.)
1. Badda-Bing, Badda-Bang, Episode 165; The crew work together in this caper-story to save Vic's from a holographic mobster. The best scenes are those in which the crew calmly alter the plan to address unexpected problems.
2. In the Cards, Episode 123; Nog and Jake work their way through a complex and comical sequence of deals to get a rare baseball card for Jake's father.
3. His Way, Episode 144; Introduces the holoprogram for Vic's club and the holocharacter Vic Fontaine. If this had been done sooner the series may have been stretched another season.
4. Trials and Tribble-ations, Episode 103; Sisko and company go back in time to witness Kirk's run-in with tribbles. The Dragnet take-off of the two time investigators is great.
5. Little Green Men, Episode 80; A sabotaged shuttle sends Quark and Rom back in time to present-day Earth.
6. The House of Quark and Looking for Par'Mach in all the Wrong Places, Episodes 49 and 101; These two should be watched together because they both revolve around how Quark came to marry a Klingon.
7. In the Pale Moonlight, Episode 142; Starfleet uses Garak to engineer a scheme to convince the Romulans to join the fight against the Dominion. It works, but Sisko criticizes Garak's murderous techniques. Garak confronts him with the ugly truth that Starfleet came to Garak knowing that this was the only way to accomplish the mission yet they were too hypocritical to dirty their hands with it... so they got Garak to do the dirty work.
Return to Deep Space Nine Page